Some of the clothing is pretty well worn by now, but I'm finally coming around to the idea of a delayed show-and-tell. So here are some of the goodies that are now deep in the laundry rotation.
Linen trousersThese are a mash up of the jeans pattern I got from the Kenneth King Craftsy Class, and measurements I took from a pair of trouser that I really like.
The jeans had a yoke, and actually so did the inspiration trousers, but I rotated it to a dart, and made my first ever welt pockets. I free handed the welt markings, and... well... I should have made them probably an inch wider.
I also didn't want a straight waistband like the jeans have, so I just used the lovely curved waistband from the Lolita Patterns Fushia skirt. I don't quite know how*, but it worked perfectly.
video of the featherweight binding attachment. I need a slip for under dresses. My two maxi dresses are kind of sheer, and the jersey slip I had was falling apart.
I chose to use a little stretch mesh and some lingerie elastic in the v-insert instead of lace. When I put it in, it matched perfectly, but it has yellowed much more quickly than the rest of the slip. The skirt of the slip is cut on the bias. I almost didn't bother, it seemed to be so fabric hoggy. Then I remembered that this fabric is from the ML loft, so probably cost me 25c, so I figured I'd give it a go. Turns out bias is awesome! You knew that already I'm sure, but it was new to me. It's like being wrapped in a tube of bias binding.
I also added a little picot edge elastic as piping in the empire seam. I have a whole roll of that stuff, so I might as well use it! The bust pieces were significantly enlarged to accommodate my bust. I basically used my dress form to drape them, and I did have pictures of the process, but sadly, they're gone now.
Floral tricot bra - Mash up of patternsI'm still trying to work out the fit of my bras. It's hard to know if I'm making progress! This is a mash up of the Bare Essentials band and bridge, with the cup of the Marks and Spencer bra that I copied. I took out a whole inch from the band, since the last one was too loose. So this is probably a 33F bra or something. The cups are actually a little too large, but I think that my fabric handling wasn't the best, and I'm still not sure that I determined correctly which way the grain should be running.
Since I had plenty of the fabric left, I went the whole hog and completed the set with two matching knickers. They are both the Cloth Habit Rosy Ladyshorts pattern, which is free. It was my first time making this pattern, and I'm not sure why it took me so long! I found the seam in the front with two narrow pieces of fabric intimidating for some reason. It seems a little ridiculous now that I've made them, and I know that they are super easy, comfortable and cute.
I'll bet that picot elastic is looking pretty familiar at this point.
That's not even close to all I made, but that'll do it for this installment.
Can't wait to see what you guys have been making. xxx
*The reason why, is that Nhi is a genius.